Maybe it's spring fever, but lately my eccentric brain has been all over the place, daydreaming about everything from trips abroad to new recipes. Today, I'm lusting over ideas for future projects. Oh, what I wouldn't give to be one of those fortunate women with the time and budget to bake, cook, design, paint, and craft all day! Or better yet, getting paid to do it!
So, this morning I'm compiling a list of dream projects that I'm determined to chip away at before the end of the year:
1.) Scrapbook/journal my year in Japan-- and I mean for real. None of this throwing photos in an album; I either want to publish my Japan blog and photos (through one of those nifty blog-printing programs) in a nice hardbound book or take the time to design a bright and eye-popping, texture-happy scrapbook. It's been three years now and this needs to happen.
2.) Make and bottle my own sauces. My co-worker's friend makes and sells her own pesto and Thai peanut sauce-- how fantastic! I would love to have some fun sauces on hand, both to use and give as gifts. And maybe some jam too...
3.) Start painting/drawing again. It's been years since I've done either, and though I'm no prodigy when it comes to technique, it's still wonderful (and therapeutic) to be able to create your own art.
4.) Write more often. My poor, dusty novel has not been getting much love the past two years. Granted, I don't have a lot of free time to devote to it right now, but I need to discipline myself into writing a few times a week.
5.) Make my own bread. The older I get, the more grossed out I get about foods that have a gazillion ingredients in them, especially when I can't pronounce half of the preservatives and dyes. Yuck. I would much rather bake hearty loaves of my own delicious bread and keep one in the freezer at all times. I wonder if it would be economical to invest in a bread-maker? Hmmm...
I think all of this gloomy weather is making my feel cagey and stir-crazy; I can't wait for the activity late spring and summer will bring!
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Project wishlist
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 tales:
Great post!! I, too would love to craft all day. I vote yes on the breakmaker - I got it used from a garage sale. People are probably practically giving them away on Craigslist - you should start there. And the Japan album - if time is of the essence, publish the blog. An entire scrapbook would take a long time, but would have a more 3-D effect.
Post a Comment