Happy Friday! Is it safe to say Spring has finally sprung? There are now bird melodies in the morning, clouds of pink and white blossoms, and the crazy robin has returned to KC's backyard. Hurray for sun and flowers and blue sky and being outdoors!
And now on to the current favorites ;)
1.) Comfy clothes and shoes
Isn't it fantastic that comfortable clothes are in style this spring? Light-weight tees, floaty tanks and skirts, crinkly plaid shirts, and flat boots... After years of heels and dressing to the nines, it's kind of fun to be able to dress down.

2.) Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Powder Makeup

I don't know when it happened (maybe when MAC decided to get rid of their HyperReal line), but I don't care for foundation anymore. It's either too light, too heavy, or makes my skin angry. So I switched to MAC's Studio Fix foundation powder, which I thought I loved, but has the unfortunate tendency to cake and leave powdery marks on KC's shoulder (oops). I've used Estée Lauder in the past and thought I might give their version a try-- it's fantastic. It's smooth as silk and can be applied lightly with a brush. And it's medium to full coverage, so it doesn't feel heavy.
3.) Cooking/baking See previous post ;) I just made bruschetta again last night: heaven!
4.) The costumes from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland
Another win for costumer Colleen Atwood, known for her vibrant, gothic, and unique designs. Alice's frocks and the Mad Hatter's insane suit are particularly of note, but the Red and White Queens had fun ensembles too.

Loved this gown! It altered in length and drape to match Alice's height changes.


5.) Season two of Avatar: The Last Airbender

Just when I think this "kid's show" can't get any deeper, any funnier, any more poignant, it does just that. Such an entertaining story; my only complaint is that we're tearing through it too quickly...
6.) And of course the slow, steady arrival of Spring
I can't wait to get outdoors and start working off this winter weight. Really looking forward to upcoming day trips and vacations: hiking, backpacking, camping, trips to the beach, and a visit to NYC!
Have a great, sunny weekend! ^^

0 tales:
Post a Comment