So far, I've spent my rainy Saturday hanging around the house, catching up on some much needed rest and relaxation. Did a few loads of laundry, cleaned up my room, browsed YouTube (I'm addicted to that site), watched a movie, and edited a few photos with Adobe. Sort of anti-climatic if you consider how busy I was last weekend and the weekend before, but that's fine by me!
Here are a few photos from our day in Seattle last Sunday (oh, to be in Washington watching "Phantom" again!).
Pike's Place
The famous fish-tossing marketplace
Some of the gorgeous floral wares being sold at Pike's Place Market
The Harbor at sunset
On Friday, I traded a couple of e-mails with the charming D.C. Anderson, whom I was to shy to introduce myself to last weekend. I realized a few nights ago, that I've been watching him in "Phantom" for years! He's been touring with the cast the last several times I've seen the show, and first joined the cast in 1989. Very cool ;)
Just finished putting the last touches on my Halloween costume today, and am super excited for our Ignite Halloween party. If Pat and Dad have time, I'm hoping they can get a few high-quality shots of it and the awesome prop I just ordered. Dying of curiosity? Too bad! You'll have to wait for Halloween!
In other news, I'm making a renewed effort to get back on track with my novel. With November Novel Writing Month coming up, I'm determined to work out a writing schedule that will force inspire me to start putting down a couple thousand words a night. Here's hoping!
I'll leave you with my latest gleeful YouTube find: check out Korean Phantom and Christine! I've never heard a Christine hit those high notes quite like that-- such a smooth vibrato! The woman has a voice like clear glass. And this Phantom is fantastic too. Watch for the part when he slicks his hair back in ecstasy! *giggle*
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Wishing you were somehow here again
Labels:
Seattle,
The Phantom of the Opera,
weekend
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 tales:
I love how much you are updating your blog and I love your pictures. Your post on Japan makes ME homesick for it and I have never even been there!!
As always, I looooove all your pictures:)
Post a Comment