Friday, October 31, 2008

Sarah's style blog


So, I'm pretty much in love with Urban Outfitters and Etsy right now. I go through phases, I suppose. Sometimes Anthropologie and I are inseparable, as I love their ethnic, yet uber-feminine look. However, their prices give my wallet big owies, and Urban Outfitters has been having some incredible sales right now.

If someone asked me what my current style was, I'd probably say it was Boho/J-fashion. I'm digging the long, loose tunics and sack/slouch dresses, layered with with cropped jackets, colorful scarves, and leggings. Another big influence for me right now, is the adorable French fashion blogger over at The Cherry Blossom Girl. She incorporate such sweet, vintage looks with a modern flair. Love, love, love.

Steampunk is another concept I currently find fascinating. I'm intrigued by the idea of using antique watch parts, sprockets, and tiny gears in order to create intricate, sci-fi-meets-Victorian looks. One of my favorite artists and style gurus, Aimee Major-Steinberger, recently did an incredible Steampunk photoshoot and the details of the costumes blew my mind! Thus inspired, I've been checking out Steampunk-themed jewelry on Etsy and ebay, and came away with a few amazing pieces that I'll be happy to share when they arrive ;)

Last, but not least, the fruits of my sale-hunting labors. Working right next to Bridgeport, you better believe I stalk those Urban Outfitters/Anthropologie sales like nobody's business. Yay for $19.99 tunics and sweaters!









And here I am wearing a recent acquisition (don't mind the copious amounts of mess in the background!)

1 tales:

cmrpaul said...

You're cute:) I too love Urban Outfitters but don't own anything clothing from there. NoNoNo. Cannot afford.