While I don't put too much stock in the controversial psychology of dreams, I do feel that the images our unconscious spews up during sleep often represents something primal about ourselves.
Take, for example, the one I had last night:
I dreamt that I left the Tenth Doctor wounded somewhere and was trying to go fetch something important that we needed, as well as get help. It wasn’t though I left him willingly; I was meant to go do this little mission quickly and in his condition he couldn't join me. There was some sort of monster in this dream which was causing great holes to appear in the earth, and I was afraid that one of us might get sucked into one.
Though I tried to hurry, I kept running into people I knew (old friends and acquaintances from the past) who were distracting and, unintentionally, trying to slow me down. I kept repeating that I had to get back to the Doctor, whom I knew was waiting for me and possibly in peril. Once again on my way back to him, I came across an uncanny number of snakes as I was trying to climb some rocks, which caused me to hesitate with fear. When my alarm clock went off shortly after, I still hadn’t found the Doctor.
Here's what Dream Moods had to say about some of the things in my dream:
Search
To dream that you are searching for something, signifies the need to find something that is missing or needed in your life. You may be searching for a solution to a problem.
Hurry
To dream that you are in a hurry, suggests that may be unprepared for a situation. There is a lack in your planning of things. Alternatively, you may be feeling out of place. This dream may also be a literal reflection of your daily life where you feel that you are always in a rush and that there is not enough time to do all the things you want to do. The dream may occur due to this type of stress.
Waiting
To dream that you are waiting, is indicative of issues of power/control and feelings of dependence/independence, especially in a relationship. Consider how you feel in the dream while you were waiting. If you are patient, then you know things will happen at their own pace. If you are impatient, then it may mean that you are being too demanding or that your expectations are too high.
Alternatively, the dream may denote your expectations and anxieties about some unknown situation or decision. There is a sense of anticipation. You are ready to take action.
Alone
To dream that you are alone, indicates feelings of rejection. You may be feeling that no one understand you.
Monster
To dream that you are followed by a monster, signifies that grief and misfortune are in your immediate future. Monsters represent parts of yourself that you find brutish and ugly. You may possess some fears or some repressed emotions.
Hole
To see a hole in the ground, denotes hidden aspects of your activities. On the other hand, it may mean that you are feeling hollow or empty inside. This dream may be an awakening for you in that you need to get out and expose your self to new interests and activities.
To dream that you fall into a hole, signifies a pitfall in a situation in your life or that you are stuck in a hole. Perhaps, you have dug yourself into a hole and can not get out of it.
Quest
To dream that you are on a quest, indicates that the path toward achieving your goals may be a difficult and scary one. However it is necessary for growth and progress.
Snake
To see a snake or be bitten by one in your dream, signifies hidden fears and worries that are threatening you. Your dream may be alerting you to something in your waking life that you are not aware of or that has not yet surfaced. The snake may also refer to a person around you who is callous, ruthless, and can't be trusted. As a positive symbol, snakes represent transformation, knowledge and wisdom. It is indicative of self-renewal and positive changes.
Friend
To see your childhood friend in your dream, signifies regression into your past where you had no responsibilities and things were much simpler and carefree. You may be wanting to escape the pressures and stresses of adulthood. Consider the relationship you had with this friend and the lessons that were learned. Alternatively, the childhood friend may be suggesting that you have been acting in a childish manner and you need to start acting like an adult.
Hmmm...
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Dream moods
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 tales:
Post a Comment