My co-worker, Erin, recently introduced me to Jared Leto's band, 30 Seconds to Mars, and we just learned that their latest tour "Into the Wild" is coming to Portland in May!
Let me just preface this by saying I've only been to two typical concerts in my life: one was Lenny Kravitz when I was nineteen and the other was a small, more intimate Clem Snide show last year. Maybe I'm just not a concert sort of girl, preferring instead the performing arts?
Over the last month, Erin has been playing both of her 30 Seconds to Mars cds fairly non-stop, and I found myself beginning to look forward to them. So when she announced that the band was indeed touring here and that the pre-sale tickets were only $29, my brain started whirring.
Hmmm... Sarah at a rock concert?
And suddenly, I had a ticket. Erin was online promptly at 10:00 am, purchasing three tickets as soon as they went on sale. She, being the bigger fan, might also be angling for a deluxe ticket, in which one gets to attend a pre-show party, meet and greet the band, pose for a picture, and sing on stage (all for the bargain price of $295-- yikes). As for me, I'll enjoy my cheap general admission and relish the idea of being a rebel on a Tuesday night ;)
Thursday, February 25, 2010
30 Seconds to Mars
Labels:
30 seconds to mars
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 tales:
Post a Comment