Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Royal Shakespeare Company presents "Hamlet"







Just in case it really needs saying: I would pretty much give up my left kidney to see one of my all-time favorite actors play the part of my favorite ill-fated-hero-with-a-tragic-flaw. When it comes to the bard's tragedies, Hamlet is top of the list for me (though Macbeth is a close second). It seems a cruel twist of fate that the show should star not only David Tennant, but Patrick Stewart too, as well as be completely sold out...and, you know, in England. Geography is not in my favor. Again.

Ah, well. Maybe they'll release it on dvd...

The official RSC website

2 tales:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I really wish I was still living in England and had tickets to Hamlet. Broken, grieving, wacked-out rich boys brooding over philosophical conundrums, dressed in black from head to toe, playing with skulls, messing with ex-girlfriends' heads, and killing annoying old men? Yes please!

Also, well, David Tennant.

What I wouldn't give to be Rosencrantz or Guildenstern. Or hell, even Fortinbras. I'll take what I can get.

I hope they do release it on DVD! You'll know what to get me for christmas!

-you know who this is

cmrpaul said...

Good news! Netflix offers season 1 of the new Dr. Who for instant viewing! I shall soon know what you're talking about:)