Sunday, January 30, 2011

That's really swell




I love AMC's "Mad Men" and I love Etsy, so it only seemed natural to combine the two when planning my upcoming bridal shower. It's an early 1960's theme (a tribute to the television show), with a period correct decorations, menu, drinks, and dress. Check out some of the goodies I've found on Etsy...


The custom invitations-- adorable!



A little bit of Betty Draper...



And some Joan Holloway



And a few party prizes




It's been a lot of fun researching and planning for this. I'm hoping my guests get into the spirit and sport a little "Mad Men" fashion of their own ;)

3 tales:

Anonymous said...

I need to find a cheap cocktail dress (50s/60s style) for an upcoming party...suggestions???

So mad (heh) I can't go to your shower.

Sarah said...

Try Etsy's vintage section (type in "Mad Men" dress) or Modcloth.com! ;)

cmrpaul said...

LOVE this! Such an elegant idea!