Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween 2009


I am so, so behind on my updates! October was quite the busy month, full of events that I will faithfully relate in a later post. For now, let's start with Halloween ;)

Tuesday night, KC and I were invited to a dinner/pumpkin carving party at Scott and Michelle's. Delicious food, witty conversation, and pumpkin slaughter were rife!


Getting down to business



Anna's feeling festive...



Michelle, looking adorable in her apron, dives in



The finished products


The next day, I was asked to join KC's community group for more pumpkin carving goodness, caramel apple ciders, and cookies. I am never one to turn down unexpected boyfriend time or free food...


Jules, Bethany, and I show off our pumpkin-y guts!



Some pretty fantastic carving jobs. Can you guess which one is mine?


Saturday was our Ignite Halloween party. Following my new tradition of disguising myself as a Sci-Fi blonde, I joined KC and Shauna in dressing up as characters from Battlestar Galactica (yes, as in "Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.") ;)


Most of the crew wear a variation of this casual uniform as their military fatigues. (Shauna was Kara "Starbuck" Thrace, the blonde in the front)



KC dressed up as Colonel Saul Tigh, everyone's favorite tough-talkin', alcoholic XO



And that left me as the sometimes-villain with questionable motives, Caprica Six



Posing with my man



Terry, KC, and Shauna



Keeping in character



Sandi and Kimberly, looking as cute as bugs' ears (har, har!)



Michelle and I



Dana as "D-Dawg"



Roller derby Julie



Josh as Indiana Jones, Krystal as a munchkin, and Terry



Girl couch time



Vampire Dorothy?


All in all, a very successful week of festivities, I think! I still can't believe that October is already over. Not sure I'm ready for the onslaught of cold weather and a looming holiday season...

0 tales: