Monday, August 10, 2009

August highlighs


Song of the moment:

Recognize / Sarah Schneiderman

This woman is so cool. Incredibly talented singer and songwriter, as well as a humanitarian. And better yet-- she's local! Check out the behind-the-scenes documentary for her new album:



Recent moments of note:



A certain wonderful boyfriend made me the most fabulous salmon dinner a few Fridays ago. It was melt-in-your-mouth tender and scrumptious! ;)

The very same boyfriend, as well as his community group, challenged me and mine to a game of kickball. Much smack-talking ensued, and having never played before, I started to worry about the numerous ways I could screw up my team's chances.

Fortunately, by the time we started playing, everyone was having so much fun that I began to forget about looking like a fool. I even pitched for my team! By some act of divine intervention (and possibly the fact that we had more men on our side), the Monday night community group triumphed. Oh, the sweet taste of victory!


The winning team


Aw, sad panda :(

And finally, last Saturday, Mom and Dad invited all of us kiddos over for an amazing BBQ. There was a ton of good eats, including corn on the cob and, wait for it... bubble tea!!





What I'm currently reading:

Shiver, by Maggie Stiefvater

and...

The Sandman, by Neil Gaiman.

That's right, the same brilliant man behind Stardust, Coraline, and American Gods also wrote a comic book that will blow your mind. Full of mythology, with references to classical literature and history, this is a smart person book, not to be confused with other mindless titles. I find that I'm quite intrigued by varying personalities and character traits of the Endless, namely Death and her brother Dream, who I'm sort of crushing on.

Was feeling like a doodle-bug tonight, and came up with this little scribble of Death in fangirlish tribute ;)


Don't they just have the coolest hair ever?

Looking forward to...

Backpacking with Jana and my posse this weekend! We'll be hitting Yocum Ridge, near Mount Hood. No doubt my blog will be covered with pictures of our adventure by this time next week!

As well as...

Camping and white water rafting with KC's friends Scott and Michelle the weekend after.

Who's a busy bee? It's me! ;) Catch you next time!

1 tales:

Kami said...

Um, I didn't know there was going to be bubble tea there this weekend. I may have blown off the wedding just for that.