Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Long time no see, blog-watchers!

I know, I know. I'm horrible for neglecting my blog for so many months, especially when there have been a lot of exciting things happening in my life!

Of course, you all know by now that I have moved by now into a fun little apartment of my own. I'll try to get some pictures posted soon so my girly followers can see how it's decorated. As for what else has been going on, let's see... I was a maid of honor for my friend Emi's wedding and am currently gearing up for more MoH duties for my best friend Kelly's, nuptials this October.


Getting Sandi ready


Clowning around before the ceremony


The happy bride and groom

I've also been keeping busy with my friends from church, who have introduced me to numerous summer activities like kayaking and camping. For Memorial Day weekend, we all headed down to the coast for a mini vacation, jam-packed with clamming, hiking, campfires, fellowship, and plenty of food!


Goofing off on the beach with Dana, Sandi, and Jules



Marshmallow roasting!


Jules, Sandi, Kimberly, and I huddle and hide from the wind



Pictures from our hike to Cape Lookout



My fantastic boyfriend also took my kayaking on two separate occasions. Paddling is not my strongest suit...


Trip #1


Struggling with the oar on trip #2



And finally, last weekend was my first adult camping trip to Crater Lake! The verdict? I loved it. Excellent company, perfect weather, beautiful campground, great camping junkfood, and a comfy sleeping bag and tent. We had a wonderful time ;)


Cooling off at the campground's lake




The girls' tent


Continuing the manly tradition of cooking over an open fire ;)


Pristine Crater Lake


Maurice (back), KC, Brian, and Nathan


I'm probably the only person who found this license plate hysterical


Rockin' away at the Crater Lake lodge


Cool clouds


Awww ;)


Nathan, Maurice, Michal and KC


Kicking back after a long day


Mmm...chili dogs!


More creative campfire cooking!

And last, but not least, an amusing SNL short:

3 tales:

cmrpaul said...

Welcome back! You and your boyfriend look so cute together:) Thanks for the "I'm on a Boat." Omg that is so funny and my fav digital short:)

Nicole B. said...

Have you seen the sequel to "Dick in a box" yet? Horrendous, but hillarious! Miss you!

Kelly said...

!. Can I plleeeeeeeaaaase borrow him? Just to go kayaking, honestly, I'm not even kidding. Mine won't go with me and I do not want to go by myself and I've never been and if I bring the subject up to my dearly beloved one more time we will probably end up having a fight. So you'll have to bring him over here before October because it'll be too cold otherwise.