How have I not posted any pictures from my time in Tokyo? I think the intent got lost in my state of sleep-deprivation and three-week long jet lag... So without further ado!
My first day in Tokyo, Tomoko picked my barely coherent self up at the airport and we ate at a little Hawaiian themed, dessert waffle cafe (they served other things, but as dessert waffles are pretty popular in Japan, they were the menu's emphasis). Note the "tropical" waitress uniforms and the sparkly, water-filled, glass palm trees. Classy!
My lovely fruit and whipped cream-topped confection! (And yay for three hours of sleep! I certainly look it in this picture...)
The Tokyo Takarazuka theatre (it was pink!)
The attendees mill around after Osa-san's dinner/talk show. There was a frighteningly large crowd!
I have fans! These two sisters remembered me from Takarazuka and were super excited to see me again. Cute ;)
The day before my flight home, Tomoko took me sight-seeing around Tokyo. First we visited Asakusa, one of Tokyo's most famous temples. Naturally, it was quite crowded.


At my request, we ate at a revolving belt sushi bar. This place had some of the weirdest fare I'd ever seen. Aside from eating some very good (albeit expensive) sushi, I also got to ogle the creepy kinds!
Sushi a-go-go!

Raw baby squids, anyone? Mmmm!
Here's looking at you, fish.
Uni (sea urchin) tastes like creamy, fishy pudding. I could only get one bite down...
Next, we did some wandering and shopping...
A huge, really cool mural in one of the subway stations

One of the mad, crazy shopping districts. Good night, they had everything!
Last, but not least, we dropped by the Emperor's palace (well, the gate to it anyway) and the Imperial Park.
This is about as much as we peasants get to see ;)
Guard duty!
A gynormous samurai statue in the park
He's fairly terrifying, don't you think?
A little secret garden near the Tokyo Takarazuka theatre
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Tokyo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 tales:
Wow Sarah...I'm so confused about where you've been in the last few months. I never did hear from you (that's ok, I was super busy last weekend anyway)...but I look forward to hearing all the details soon! Great pics, by the way!
Beauuuuutiful pictures!!!
Post a Comment